Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Plastic Extrusion
Better known as “PVC” or “Vinyl”, Polyvinyl chloride is one of the most recognized and commonly used thermoplastic materials in the world. PVC is produced in two general forms, first as a rigid polymer (RPVC) and second as a flexible polymer (FPVC), which contains a petro-chemical called plasticizer, used as a softening agent.
Pexco is a PVC manufacturer of both flexible and rigid PVC parts across a variety of market applications, ranging from Traffic Safety products to pump and fluid transfer tubing, protective bumpers, swimming pool components and other custom industrial extrusions.
PVC has been around longer than most plastics, first synthesized in 1872 and commercially produced by B.F. Goodrich Company in the 1920s. It is used most commonly in the building / construction industry but is also used for signs, healthcare, plumbing, fencing, decking, fluid and gas transfer, swimming pools, outdoor furniture, clothing and a host of other commercial and industrial applications.
- Custom colors
- Custom cut lengths
- Comes in either rigid or flexible material
- RPVC and FPVC are compatible and can be co-extruded
- Is readily available and relatively inexpensive
- Is very dense, very hard and resists impact deformation very well, relative to other plastics
- Has very good tensile strength
- Has good flame, tear and electrical properties
- Has low permeability to gas
- Is very resistant to water, oxidation, chemicals and alkalis
Has very poor heat stability. For this reason, additives which stabilize the material at higher temperatures are typically added to the material during production.
- House siding
- Window and door frames
- Plumbing Pipe & Fittings
- Garden Hose
- Aquarium Tubing
- Irrigation Components
- Chemical Processing
- Outdoor furniture
- Floor Tiles
- Food & Beverage
- Fluid and gas transfer tubing
- Protective bumpers
- Protective Jacketing
- Swimming Pools
- Medical IV and Oxygen Tubing
- Refrigeration Components
- Wire jacketing/insulation
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Marine bumpers and rub-rail
- Pipe wrapping tape
Contact our team of experts today to get started.