Plastic Tube Extrusion
For over 50 years, Pexco has been perfecting the art and science of extrusion, including both rigid and flexible custom plastic tube extrusions. Featuring the highest quality materials, sizes range from fractions of an inch in diameter to as large as 8-10 inches, across both general purpose and high performance material resins.
Custom tubing is created when molten plastic polymers are pushed through a die, creating a hollow profile design well suited for pneumatic or other media transfers, including misting and fogging systems. Whether your business requires nylon, polyurethane, polyethylene, or specialty recoil tubing, Pexco can provide the quick turnaround and superior performance required for your application. Get started with our “Key Considerations for Tubing Applications” checklist below.
Key Considerations for Tubing Applications
- Application - media transfer or pneumatic
- Usage - fluid or gas handling or process control
- Level of flexibility or rigidness required
- Minimum and maximum tolerances
- Operating pressure and temperature
- Resin compatibility with the media being conveyed
- Chemical, UV, and abrasion resistance
- Wall thicknesses and durometers
- Diameter specifications to match new or existing connections and fittings
- Required specifications (REACH, RoHS)
- Cost/performance assessment
- Color indicator requirements - standard or custom
- Standard or metric sizing
Contact our team of experts today to get started.