Break-away Traffic Barricades
Type III traffic barricades provide a clear signal to motorists of lane closures and detours.
Pexco manufactures a number of models to meet the needs of your job and comply with local specifications, including two complete systems fully compliant with MASH-16:
Type 3 barricades are an essential tool for keeping motorists safe in construction zones, emergency situations, and other areas where traffic needs to be redirected. These barricades provide clear guidance to drivers, and due to their large and highly visible design, they can help reduce the risk of accidents while helping keep workers safe on the job. Type 3 barricades are particularly effective at directing traffic around construction projects or other areas where road conditions may be hazardous.
Potential Uses of Type 3 (Type III) barricades:
- Road construction projects
- Utility work
- Emergency response situations
- Large events (such as concerts or festivals)
- Anywhere traffic needs to be redirected or slowed down
Download Pexco's high quality CAD drawings, specifications and related documents for your next project. The CADdetails program is developed specifically for design professionals with the goal of getting manufacturer-specific product information into their working plans. Learn more >
Pexco offers several barricade options to allow you to build the right barricade for your project. All configurations are fully tested, MUTCD compliant, and NCHRP 350 accepted and MASH 16 compliant. Type III (T3B) barricade panels are strong, lightweight, and virtually unbreakable.
- Lightweight X-Tube plastic square upright – available in various lengths
- PSST 14 Gauge upright – available in various lengths
- 5' angle iron powder-coated white foot
- 5' galvanized steel 2" PSST foot
- "The Yeti" 40# recycled rubber foot
- Standard bolts, washers and lock nuts
- Anti-theft hardware
- Quick release pin
Contact our team of experts today to get started.