Typical Quote Process – What to Expect
After you’ve decided that you need a custom plastic extrusion, here are the typical steps in the process of developing your part.
- Send the drawing or CAD model for review to the sales manager for your region or directly through our website.
- Our engineering team will review your drawings or CAD models and possibly make recommendations for manufacturability including part design suggestions or tolerance revisions.
- After you are comfortable with the review recommendations, our team will prepare your quote, which will include Engineering and Development charges to design and develop the die and down-stream process and a price for your product in our production process. This can be by the part, by the foot, or by the spool – or whatever unit of measurements works best for your needs.
- We will submit the quote and if everything looks good you will provide a PO to Pexco to begin development. If you’re a new customer, we will ask you to submit information about your company to get your organization set up in our system.
- 1-2 days after you submit a PO, our program management team will schedule an AP/QP kickoff meeting where all of our key staff (engineering, operations, customer service, quality, program management) will have a conference call with your key staff to go over any last-minute details. This meeting provides an opportunity for all parties to review and agree to all steps involved in the product development process, including design tolerances, lead-time, and general scope of work – and one last chance to make any final necessary corrections.
- This is where we get to work designing and developing the die and down-stream equipment to produce your part. Depending on the complexity of your design, availability of resin, colors and other necessary products, it will typically be between 2-6 weeks to receive first article samples.
- After you receive the FA sample and test and measure and are happy it will meet your needs, you will sign-off on the FA report and then typically have production product within 2-4 weeks.
- Our customer service team will follow-up with you after you receive your first production order to ensure everything went smoothly and you’re completely satisfied with your order.
- The next production order will go directly to your assigned program manager for receipt and confirmation with a lead-time and any special shipping requirements.
We are near to every major Market in America
Pexco’s multiple manufacturing facilities mean we’re close to every major manufacturing market in North America. This helps control costs and provides flexibility for fast turnaround and efficient product delivery.
Contact our team of experts today to get started.