Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF), also known by the brand name Kynar® made by Arkema, is a specialty plastic used in applications requiring the highest purity, as well as resistance to solvents, acids, and hydrocarbons. Polyvinylidene fluoride is often used as PVDF welding rods in pipe, sheet, and fittings for applications such as chemical tank lining because of its excellent chemical resistance and other superior mechanical properties.
PVDF Tubing Features
- High performance polymer
- Extensive working temperature range
- Abrasion resistance and extreme hardness
- Inherent purity and low permeability
- Strong choice for harsh environments
- Superior chemical resistance and mechanical strength
- Excellent creep and fatigue resistance to support integrity of part dimensions
- UV and gamma radiation resistance - degradation protection
- Mechanical strength with high resistance to abrasion, solvents, acids, and hydrocarbons
PVDF Welding Rod Dimensions and Sizes
Pexco offers PVDF tubing and welding rods in round and triangle profiles in a wide variety of standard and custom sizes including but not limited to:
- Round: 1/8”, 5/32”, and 3/16” diameter
- Triangle: 0.236” Tri rod
- Length: Cut length 48” or spools / coils of various lengths
- Custom size options available on request
Industry Use of PVDF Welding Rods
As mentioned above, PVDF weld rods are commonly used in the chemical tank fabrication industry for the application of chemical tank lining but PVDF tubing is also used for applications in other industries including:
- Oil & Gas Exploration
- Pulp and paper processing
- Food and Beverage
PVDF has excellent resistance to creep and fatigue, allowing your parts to maintain dimensions and integrity and is resistant to UV and gamma radiation enabling it to tolerate extended exposure to sunlight without degradation.
Contact our team of experts today to get started.