Based in Atlanta, Georgia, and with several plants in the U.S. and Mexico, Pexco has grown and evolved to become North America’s leader in the design and fabrication of specialty plastic products. From inspiration to application, Pexco has been helping our customers bring ideas to life for nearly half a century as a plastic extrusion manufacturer--Producing customized components for industrial, life science, commercial, and consumer market applications.
This position is the intermediate Operator level and is responsible for the productivity and quality of the assigned extruder operation. The Operator will have mastered the accountabilities and performance indicators of the position. This position reports directly to the Extrusion Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Company and plant safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping habits.
- Know and understand dryer mechanics.
- Break down, clean, set up and start extruders.
- Perform tooling changes (set ups) on dies and restart extruder in an efficient and safe manner.
- Must be able to identify the shop orders, redbooks and all related documents, including key dimension sheets and drawings.
- Knows and understands the operation of downstream equipment.
- Identify types of materials utilized in the production of parts.
- Identify all screw and head types.
- Knows and understands the mechanics of the vacuum loading system and blending units.
- Produce parts in the medium difficulty range with little help that meet quality specifications at or above specified rates.
- Identify the correct material in accordance with the Shop Order and produce a quality part.
- Develop speed and accuracy in machine tear down and set up.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have worked in the extrusion department and have knowledge of the extrusion process and materials.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbally
- Able to follow instructions.
- Must have knowledge of extrusion process and be able to operate an extrusion line.
Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Type: Full Time/Exempt, 40hrs
The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the Controller and the Finance team in all accounting functions. The position will perform moderately complex accounting functions in relation to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger accounting, and other general accounting functions. Additionally, the role has an emphasis on accurate and timely financial reporting, regulatory compliance, internal controls and documentation, and continuous process improvement. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the month/quarter/year-end close processes, reporting requirements, and periodic audits with guidance and support from the Controller. The role will work closely with all functional areas of the business to provide reliable data, reporting, and analytics critical to Pexco’s strategic business decisions. The role will report directly to the Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting (CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred, but not required)
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting/finance experience; 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but not required
- Prior experience with ERP systems (D365 a plus)
- General understanding of GAAP
- Proficient with MS Suite, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude and strong sense of self-motivation, accountability, and responsibility
- Goal-oriented with the ability to meet company and departmental goals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Able to guide the successful completion of programs / projects with minimal guidance and able to meet strict deadlines
- Dependable and able to maintain good attendance track record
Title: Process Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
Location: Morrisville, PA
This position is responsible for design and manufacture of profile extrusion tooling and development of custom processes with the objective of improving total quality, material usage, and productivity. He/She will work closely with Manufacturing, QC, Materials, and Sales teams to achieve these common team objectives.
- Maintains compliance with the Company and plant safety policies and procedures.
- Completes all annual training as required.
- Design tooling and develop processes for mono and co-extrusion plastic profiles, tubes and secondary fabrication individually or with other Process Engineers.
- Lead new tooling development process for the project assigned using hands-on approach to meet customer expectation with quality and on time delivery of samples.
- Partners with other staff members; production, maintenance and QC to develop the process to get first article samples approved.
- Coordinate the tooling needs for new products with Die Development, technicians,
- Production Manager and other involved in producing first article samples.
- Oversee the tool making activities in the machine shop and ensure the tools produced by the machine shop can meet the design criteria and are up to the company’s high standard for design and workmanship.
- Serve in the role of systems analyst for the machine shop and coordinating the company’s contact in this area with outside vendors.
- Coordinate the tool making activities in the machine shop and work closely with other engineers and VP of Engineering to establish priorities for the shop to ensure that the tooling delivered to the line is complete.
- Work with Supply Chain Manager to coordinate the procurement needs for the machine shop, including steel, other metals, and shop supplies.
- Support other department and Pexco sites in their tooling needs. Actively seek ways to improvise process efficiencies by way of redevelopment in the shortest possible lead time and most effective design.
- Troubleshoot process difficulties on daily basis and support production.
- Work with Production Manager to coordinate a timely response to the need for rebuilding tooling or handling other special tooling needs that cannot be planned for in advance.
- Work on continuous improvement projects for efficiencies & reduce scrap.
Other Key Elements:
- Plan, develop and coordinate tool development trials.
- Maintain engineering database and documentation as required.
- Think outside the box.
- Perform other accountabilities as assigned.
- BS in Engineering
- 3 - 5 years of plastic manufacturer experience, preferably with plastic extrusion die design and process development
- Understand different plastic resins and processing.
- Proficient usage of AutoCAD and CAD/CAM software.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects with keen attention to detail
- independently or with supervision.
- Above average communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office based software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Physical Demands:
- Moving and lifting objects up to 50 lbs
- Walking, standing on concrete 8+ hrs/day with safety boots/shoes on
- Sitting/working at a workstation
- Manufacturing environment with machinery noise, occasional odors of coolant, oils and machined metals. Climate may be cold or hot depending on outside temperature.
- Exposed to dust, odors, fumes and noise associated with the extrusion and fabrication manufacturing processes
Contact our team of experts today to get started.