Posts for Bike Lanes and Cycle Tracks
For traffic engineers designing cycle tracks, Pexco’s flexible bike lane safety post (bollards) provide an invaluable means by which to prevent cars from encroaching on bike lanes. They can also alert and slow down drivers and cyclists as they approach a hazardous intersection.
Cities across North America are making more room for the cycling population a priority, with protected bike lanes providing the safest alternative for increasing ridership and reducing traffic-related injuries.
Pexco’s polyurethane posts are both tough for long life and forgiving for cyclists. They are soft and pliable, have proven durability and long life resulting in reduced maintenance costs. They can also serve as bike lane separators.Pexco’s City Post and FG 300 Posts are offered in a variety of colors to help improve bicycle safety.
Features and Benefits of Pexco’s Flexible Posts for Bike Lane Safety
- Clear Delineation and Physical Separation for Cyclists (Protected Bike Lanes)
- Narrow Profile
- High Visibility Day and Night
- Reduces Vehicle Entry
- Improves Cyclist and Pedestrian Safety
- Allows for Emergency Vehicle Access
- Recognized Traffic Control Device
- Low Maintenance
- Superior durability
- Unique seasonal removal options for snow plowing
Bike Lane Product Information
- Bike Lane Safety Overview
- City Post Model EAC Embedded Anchor Cup Product Overview
- Comprehensive City Post Brochure
- Questions to Ask Before Purchasing Flexible Bollards
- 7 Factors to Consider When Choosing Posts - Infographic
- White Paper - Four Simple Steps for Winter Maintenance of Protected Bike Lanes
Contact our team of experts today to get started.